Monday 6 January 2014

TV experience

Two weeks ago I had the previllage of being filmed in the last TV episode of 'The Kumars' in ITV studios!! I was one of the dancers in a music number in the show.

This was one of the best, if not the best experience in my career so far! I booked this job through my Bollywood Company. This is a company I found out through a friend that I worked with in a show last summer. (How far can networking get you in this business?!)

Everyone was so welcoming and friendly! They even offered food and drinks to us. What really impressed me was how many floors and long corridors where in the building; I could have easily got lost If I didn't have a crue member with me at all times!

The first thing we did was to be taken in for hair and make up. Then we were ready to go on set to do a short scene with the actors of the show. It was so lovely meeting all the actors the director and the rest of the crue. Everyone was so professional and all the cameras and lights where incredible!
The next thing we did was to start rehearsing on set. We marked our places and our moves with the singer that we would be accompanying and we went through the number a couple of times to assure that everything will run smoothly during the show.
After our rehearsal we went back to the hair and make up department for touch ups and guess who was there?? Twiggy! The same day our show was being filmed they were filming 'Text Santa'; a charity show where lots of celebrities appear to help donate funds for charities. It was incredible, everywhere we walked we could see celebrities! I even saw Olly Murs and the McFly!
After hours of waiting in our dressing room we were ready to go on stage in front of 400 people!

I loved every minute of this experience and I'm so glad that I was part of such an amazing show!

Make sure you tune in on Sky1 on the 15th of January to watch us!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment