Wednesday 27 November 2013

Don't give up the day job - how artists make a living 'The Guardian-article'

http://www.theguardian.com/culture/2010/jan/24/artists-day-jobs

This is a very interesting article about each of us that's trying to make a living as an artist.
It discusses how essential is a part time job for an artist and how it can affect your career.
Can you have a family as well as a career? Unpaid work- the elephant in the room.
At least two-thirds of actors are out of work at any time, according to the most recent survey by performers' union Equity.
What are the official numbers of what an artist earns?

Reading this article made me question if I made the right choice entering this career; but performing is what makes me truly happy, just because I'm not a doctor or a banker doesn't mean I can't make a living out of it. This is what my inquiry will be focused on. How can we as artist have a stable, successful career in the Performing Arts, that we can make a living out of it without having to do part time jobs.


No comments:

Post a Comment